Saturday, August 18, 2012

RVM issues

I've seen a number of recommendations on the merits of using RVM to install ruby. This got me interested and I installed RVM on my other pc to upgrade its version of ruby.

Today, while learning about Padrino, I kept getting errors. Looking to google for a solution, I found that the error had something to do with RVM... that I should do this, or do that.

This is the second time that I am having trouble with RVM. The last time I tried to fix it, I ended up reinstalling ubuntu. I don't want to go there again. I decided to remove RVM, and start from scratch.

To remove RVM, I typed rvm implode on my terminal. I then made sure that I removed that short script at the end of my .bashrc that I inserted after installing RVM.

To upgrade and install ruby, I went to ruby-lang.org and downloaded the latest stable version. After that, on my terminal, I ran...
tar -zxvf ruby-1.9.3-p194.tar.gz
./configure
make && sudo make install

No comments:

Post a Comment