Monday, August 13, 2012

New Blog Name



After finding a good book to learn Coffeescript last night, I decided to register a domain name for this blog--coffeewithmyruby.com

I was thinking of something more general and in line with coding, maybe "codepappy.com" but it was too "out there". It wasn't specific. If your site is not that specific, you are missing out on some SEO juice.

Nobody goes to google to look for programmers. People look for programmers for a specific language.

With a more subject-specific blog or website, when someone wants to find information about ruby programming, then this site gets points getting found. If they were to narrow down their search to "ruby + coffeescript", then this blog gets more points, creeping higher up the search engine results page (SERP).

As you know, the higher your site shows on these SERPs, the more traffic that you get. * I got into web development as an off-shoot being an internet marketing copywriter. As such, I know a few things about making it easy for people to find your website on the internet.

I'm not sure what I am going to do with this blog at the moment. All I know is that I had this insight to register the domain and keep the "coffee with my ruby" tag line. I'm the kind of guy who takes his insights seriously.

For now, I use this site for my own documentation. I learn something new about ruby and coffeescript, I'll post them in here. Again, the objective is not to teach, but to share my experience in learning and exploring these programming languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment